Did you know smell is the first thing someone notices when they enter your home? November 1st is National Scented Candle Day and one family-owned candle company has some tips on how you can make a great first impression, just in time for the holidays.
Mali + Casey Candle Co., a family-owned business based in Gilbert, produces candles, wax melts, and natural room sprays. After months of testing various waxes, vessels, wicks, and scents, the company launched in April 2020 to provide a clean, quality product to help freshen homes. Additionally, a portion of every sale benefits the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. In fact, they have donated nearly $30,000 to the Foundation in just two and a half years.
“Generally speaking, a ‘clean’ scent is the way to go - it’s appealing to both men and women and will give the impression your space is clean, even if it isn’t. Another popular option is a baked scent - like a banana bread or coffee cake - it tends to be warm and inviting,” said Amy Harris, owner and candle-maker at Mali + Casey Candle Co.
“Whichever you choose, make sure it’s 100% soy wax, it won’t produce black smoke or soot and won’t cover your home in a black film like other waxes can. Be aware of candles labeled “soy blend,” as those contain paraffin and can be harmful to your health.”
For a quick pick me up, consider complimenting your candle with a natural room spray and/or wax melts (flameless and can be on while you’re away)!
When burning candles, it’s important to keep these tips in mind:
· Before each burn, trim the wick to ¼” to keep the wax clean and burning nicely.
· Avoid burning your candle more than 3-4 hours at a time, but allow it to burn long enough to create an even melt pool.
· Allow enough time for the wax to melt completely to the edges of the container to prevent tunneling.
· Never leave a burning candle unattended.
· Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
· Place candle on a stable, heat resistant surface away from flammable objects before lighting.
Mali + Casey Candle Co. is located in several retail locations across the valley and operates 24/7 online. For more information about our company or products, please visit www.mccandleco.com.